Friday, February 13, 2009

New Career

I think it's time to look at a new Career. Yup. I'm going to be a dentist. Ok not really but man that is what I should have done with my life. Let's hope we can get E to do it.

D had to have "surgery" today. I use surgery lightly only because we left 1 hr later. He had two teeth pulled today... 1 wisdom tooth and one other beside it. Seriously... $1400 for 1 hour of work, dang I think we're in the wrong business! Good thing we have coverage between 2 companies or that could have been a nice big hit to our account! You know it's funny. I was looking at the costs. There was a charge of $478 for the operating room! WOW! Maybe I should make an office and just rent it out to dentists for surgeries. The funny thing was... D's work wouldn't cover that fee! So what, they want them to knock him out and do surgery in a van down by the river? Come off it. We pay good money for these plans and if we didn't have coverage through my work we would have been out of pocket for that! It's just crazy to think. Man am I ever thankful for dental coverage.

So a funny little note. D can be quite the comic. Before he goes in he was signing some papers and the dentist was telling us about the procedure and comments that he'll be out for about 20 minutes and then recovery. So D comments, good we have a reservation at Humpty's at 9. LOL Doesn't he wish. He says it wish such a straight face that the receptionist was horrified. The dentist goes you may want to cancel it and in a very serious voice D was like, so should we move it to 10?

So when he's ready to come home they tell me I can pull around to the patient pickup zone go in another door and a nurse will come out and talk to me about healing and such. She comes out and she goes, your husband is quite the comedian, I said yes he wishes he was. Apperantly all he could talk about was Humptys and how that is where we are going. Can you tell he's hungry? LOL So she goes and gets him, brings him out and walks him out to the car. I had to back up a bit because there was too much snow for him to get in and he starts to walk around and says to the nurse "I'm going to drive" she just starts laughing. Yeah sure buddy. I'd like to make it home safe!

We're home safe, he's upstairs sleeping and thinks that tomorrow he'll be able to eat birthday cake. Guess we'll see! The nurse said it should be fine because it's soft. Happy Birthday to him and happy long weekend, he'll be in pain all weekend...... oh I'm so excited.

2 comments:

Tatiana said...

Your DH is hilarious!

My dh is like that in medical situations. I was in the ER after fainting on a treadmill at the gym. They were taking some blood and the nurse was having trouble finding a vein. So Dh says very seriously, "Well at least we know you don't have a future as an intravenous drug user." The nurse laughed until she cried.

Robin said...

OH that is so funny!! LOL I could see DH doing the same thing!