I'm so glad that my work allows us today off. (not that it matters this year for me) Growing up Rememberance Day was always a day for our family to be together and remember those that fought and in this case still fighing for our freedom. My dad's family was/is very actively involved in our military and to this day I respect each and every one of them who put their life in danger so I could grow up in a safer world.
When I was in high school I was in cadets so today would be the day we would all go to the Jubilee Auditorium to participate in the ceremony. I loved being in school at this time when we would all be together to respect each and every one of our fallen soliders. When I was done with sea cadets I would still go to the Jubilee with my dad each year for the ceremony but this year I'm not going. D and I will spend the day being thankful for each and everyone who fought for our freedom so we could raise our daughter. To me this is not a day to be out christmas shopping, browsing the mall ect. this is a day to spend with family. I'm glad D's work gives him the day off also so we can do this.
We will be watching the ceremony on tv this year and look forward to the day E will understand exactly what November 11th means to a family full of military veterns!
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment