Monday, January 26, 2009

Decluttering

Ok I need help. I have decided enough is enough. I need to declutter my house. I'm tired of having so much crap and not knowing what to do with it. I don't even know where to begin. I want to start with my kitchen but I know I really need to start with all the papers and crap in our spare room.

Ever since our "office" became E's room I have felt sooo disorganized. Everything from that room went into the spare room and the basement. We have partially finished the basement so that is starting to come together and be organized but there is still stuff in that spare room that I don't know what to do with. Don't know where to start. But to give you an idea, I've got stuff in there from our wedding preparations, and the room hasn't been organized since May and I have obviously not needed anything yet I'm afraid to shred and toss everything.

So where do I begin? Is there websites out there dedicated to decluttering? I'm sure I'm making my house sound worse then it really is but to me lately I am so frazzled. I just need to do something. I don't know if it's because I'm tired of tripping over the baby toys and I know this is just the beginning! I mean really she's 7 month's old I know it's going to get worse with the toys!! LOL

I think the hard part is doing it by myself. E is not a good napper so at best I get 40 minutes so I can't really get much done in that time. If I start something and can't get it done during her naps then I know it will take me a few days to go back to it. I just need some motivation!! HELP ME!!

2 comments:

Tatiana said...

I totally recommend the book "It's all too much" by Peter Walsh (of Clean Sweep Fame)

It was fantastic. He had very easy and simple steps to decluttering and staying decluttered. He went room by room. It was fantastic.

Robin said...

Thanks!! I ordered it yesterday from chapters I hope it helps me with this itch (which isn't as strong today) LOL