Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A what, a root canal?

So I have a strong dislike for the dentist, very strong. I have such a weak gag reflex that even them cleaning my teeth causes me major stress!

I hadn't been to the dentist in about 5 years and one of my teeth were bugging me so D made me an appointment at his dentist and told them how scared I was! I went back in November for a "check-up" they just did x-rays and such. It wasn't so bad. But the first word out of the dentist's mouth is Root Canal. Yup I heard that and basically just blocked out everything else and I almost started crying there.

Back in grade 3 I was running down a hill and fell flat on my face and busted my two front teeth. It was a funny split. I busted half of each tooth in a downward angle. It was weird!

Well turns out I need a root canal on one of those. My dentist before said it was fine but this one noticed that I have a little bump up there and she was surprised I never noticed and it didn't bug me. So needless to say I made an appointment for it. The funny thing was this appointment was going to be before my first teeth cleaning. About 3 days before I chickened out, called them and cancelled. I told them I was too scared and I needed to atleast have a cleaning first. December I had the cleaning, it went pretty good! I was so proud of myself. So I booked the root canal... and the day has arrived. I have to go for it. I had trouble falling asleep last night just thinking about it I don't think I've ever been this stressed. I wasn't even this stressed being in labor!

Oh and to make it worse... my appointment was supposed to be at 11 and they called an postponed it till 12:30... talk about making the stressed out more stressed out!

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

OMG, that is stressful! I don't mind going to the dentist, but I would hate having a root canal or my wisdom teeth pulled (still got 'em!). Good luck, I hope it goes ok!!