Monday, October 20, 2008

2 more sleeps - August 27, 2008

Originally posted - August 27, 2008


Yup, you read that right! 2 more sleeps till we attempt our 2500km road trip with a 10 week old!!

We are heading to Kansas to go see one of my BFF's. I'm sooo excited. She moved down there I think 5 years ago now and I've never been there to see her. Thankfully her mom still lived in Calgary so she came home lots but now her mom has moved away. Who knows when she will come again :( I knew when she left she wouldn't be back but that is ok because she met a great guy and got married and one day will be starting their own little family.

We decided since we bought our travel trailer and I'm on mat leave let's attempt the road trip. She hasn't meet Emma yet so I'm quite excited for her to meet her.

Hubby and I haven't been to those parts of the US yet either so it will be fun to hit up all the tourist joints. We plan on staying for a day around Mount Rushmore also. I can't wait. We are taking two different routes on our travel, one way there and another way back. On our way back we're going to hit Yellowstone National Park too.

So here I am 2 days away from our roadtrip and I'm on the computer. I should be packing and making sure we have everything ready especially since Emma is sleeping right now!

Wish me luck!! It should be fun to see how well Emma handles the roadtrip. We know it will take some time but that is ok. Thoughts and prayers will be needed!! LOL

No comments: