Monday, October 20, 2008

Time for a growth spurt - July 9, 2008

Originally posted July 9, 2008

WOW! I know we were warned about growth spurts in our prenatal class but man do I have a little piggy on my hands! LOL I just can't get over how much she can eat right now. Guess that is the good thing about still formula supplementing, I can have everything ready to go for when she wakes up.

I was stunned when 2 days ago she actually ate 6 ounces of formula in a 4 hour span! Normally it's 2 ounces in a 4 hour span! I wonder how many days this will last? Today Emma didn't want to nap. She woke up at 2 and kept falling asleep but only for like 10 minutes and then she'd wake herself up. It was kinda funny to watch her fighting the sleep but when she finally went down it was 6:45 pm... it's now 10 and she's still sleeping!! I want to go to bed but I know as soon as I go to bed she's going to wake up. Let's just hope that when she wakes up she doesn't decide to stay awake for a couple hours. It's bedtime Missy!! We slept at night.

Tomorrow I'm excited to get out of the house! My mom is coming and she's going to take us out to go see my grandma. Emma gets to meet her great grandma! We are very excited for that. I'm hoping we'll be able to get some nice pictures especially since Mom is taking us... that will be 4 generations of us together! I need to get pictures while I can. Mom told grandma I had her but I'm sure once we get there grandma's not going to remember! Funny story... when I was pregnant we were visiting my grandma when she first moved into the seniors home and we were talking about cribs and I made a comment joking about if we don't have one our baby can sleep in a dresser drawer and then if she cries I'll shut the door. I said "Grandma, what do you think of that". She looks right as me and was like "I'll shut you in the drawer!!" We cracked up laughing, didn't think she was listening but apparently the lady was! Sure sometimes she forgets things but not this time!

I tell you, I think the worse part about having a c-section is the fact that I'm confined to the house. No driving? Seriously! That sucks the big one. Next Friday Emma's got a doctors appointment so I'll have to talk to him about driving. I really don't think I can go 6 weeks with no driving. I feel good, I think the healing is going ok but I have to remember to not overdo it or else I may end up making my healing delay even longer. I need to heal so when we go camping on the August long weekend I'll be able to go boating and tubing! Funny how little things like that make you really want to be careful to not overdo things I mean who wants to go camping and be stuck on the shore all weekend! LOL

Well she's still sleeping so I might as well try and get a 30 minute nap in... my luck if I stay up waiting for her she'll sleep till midnight or something!

No comments: