Monday, October 20, 2008

What a night - July 31, 2008

Originally posted - July 31, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH What a freakin evening we've had.

So Emma wakes up from her nap at about 3:45 this afternoon and was kinda warm (our house is cooking). So we ate and then just cuddled on the couch for a bit. She fell asleep around 5 for maybe 10 minutes? So by the time Darrell gets home at 6:30 she's really cranky and yawning and everything. So we go upstairs to change for bed and feed and I hear this huge shatter just as we are sitting down to feed. I hear Darrell yell and go running. So we come running down the stairs to Darrell in tears and a towel wrapped around his hand and blood all over my living room carpet.

He picked up the huge vase I had with fake flowers in it and beads and it shattered in his hand. Yup shattered. We had glass (and blood) everywhere. His hand was just draining blood so I put Emma in the carseat (She's been screaming this whole time) and she shuts up and we rush off to the urgent care facility in our town (First time there and I have to say I'm impressed!).

Emma was quiet most of the way there, by the time we get there she is screaming again and she's screaming as we are going in, the poor nurses didn't know what the heck was going on. Darrell is covered in blood, my kid is screaming. LOL They come running to both of us I'm like she's fine. She's just cranky. LOL

So Darrell goes in and gets looked and gets stitches (yeah and we are heading for holidays on Friday). Emma ate a little bit and then sleeps on me for about 15 minutes. We head home an hour later. So we get home about 8pm. I headed straight upstairs with Emma and didn't leave her room till 10:45... yup, you read that right. It took me 2 hrs 45 minutes to get her to calm down and go to sleep. (she wasn't screaming all that time). Meanwhile Darrell is downstairs cleaning the living room and everything and too boot he's sicker then a dog to begin with. I feel absolutly awful. I had told him yesterday when he got home to eat dinner and then go to bed... so much for that, he's finally just in bed now! (11pm).

So meanwhile neither of us had ate dinner and Darrell threw it all out when he was cleaning up. Thank goodness for leftover Pizza from Tuesday night! So I'm sitting downstairs at 11pm eating pizza. Darrell's in bed and I finally had a few minutes to myself.

I'm exhausted and thankfully Emma is sleeping at my parents again tonight so we can be fully packed for holidays so now I can sleep in on tomorrow!

No comments: