Monday, October 20, 2008

Sleep...what's that - July 23, 2008

Originally posted July 23, 2008

So as most people know we've been having sleeping issues with Emma. It takes us a long time to get her down for bed at night and it's very stressfull for Darrell and I. It is driving us crazy. Even naps are trouble sometimes. She just wont go to sleep or put herself to sleep.

So I bought a book "The Baby Whisperer". Wow is there alot of information in there. Just when we think we may have a cure for sleeping we are wrong. LOL I thought ok I'm going to follow the book tip for tip... not working!! I've been spending the last 45 minutes trying to get her to go down for a nap. She keeps yawning and everything and will doze off but the minute I leave the room she wakes up. I thought yeah she's down but now I hear her up there grunting, no crying yet but I'm sure it's just a matter of time. I just don't understand. I mean you're tired, you go to sleep? Right? LOL I don't want to get in the habit of having to rock her right to sleep and then leaving the room because I can only imagine how hard that will be to break. Oh well.

We are hoping to get this all sorted out and on to some sort of routine before the long weekend. We are going camping! That should be interesting. We are spending the weekend in Revelstoke BC at a wicked campground on Arrow Lake and then we are heading out to the Okanagan for a week. This trip will be our trial run before our trip to Kansas at the beginning of September. I hope we can do this!

Well the grunting has stopped..... so that must be a good sign! I'll give it a few more minutes and then I can go shower and get organized for my day. Man it's hard being alone during the day to get things done, I tell you I have new respect for any single parents out there... how do you do it!?

No comments: