Monday, October 20, 2008

Shots, shots and more shots?? - August 22, 2008

Originally posted - August 22, 2008

WOW! I never knew just how loud Emma could scream until we went for her 2 month vaccinations (man does 2 months go by fast!!) Poor girl. She was already having an off day to begin with and then I throw that in. She didn't nap much in the morning so by the time she went down for a nap I had to actually wake her up and take her to the health centre.

Surprisingly she was very well! She didn't fuss in the car (that is odd lately) and was quiet while we waited. She is now 11 lbs 10 oz and 24 inches long! While the health nurse did her paperwork Emma just sat on my lap and cooed. It was really funny. She started to fuss which I knew she would because she was hungry. Before I could feed her the nurse had to give me my tetnus shot since I couldn't remember when I had it last. Now I hate needles. Man do I wish Darrell was with me or someone for that matter. I was brave though. I didn't look and I kept focusing on her and boy was the nurse good, I didn't even feel it!

So now Emma is really hungry so we decide I'll feed her while the nurse gives her the vaccination and maybe that will help distract her. Nope! Holy crap the poor girl, first time I saw a real tear come out of her eyes. They did 2 needles and then she kept feeding and they did the 3rd, she cried hard but as soon as the nurse rang the bell to distract her she looked over and just stared and started to whimper. I put the bottle back in her mouth and she went back to eating. We had to wait 15 minutes to make sure there was no allergic reaction but she did good, so home we went.

By the time we got home she was starting to doze off so I took her up to the crib and she slept for about 15 minutes and then woke up. We had a rough night after that. I think I may have hit her leg or held it funny because when daddy walked in the door she was screaming like earlier. Poor girl. It took me until 10pm to get her down for the night and then she woke up at 2:20, 5, 7 and 9am. But finally I think she's starting to get "back to normal". She still hasn't ate as much as usual but I knew that could happen. As of now she's been napping for almost 3 hours, yeah!!! I can clean the house up.

We are having friends over for dinner tomorrow night. I'm quite excited. It's the first time we'll be "entertaining" since she was born. Our friends have an almost 4 week old so I know she's looking forward to getting out of the house also!

Well back to cleaning before Emma wakes up!!

No comments: