Happy Turkey Day Everyone!!
Since it's Thanksgiving Day I thought I would take a moment and think about all the things I'm thankful for this year.
1. Healthy baby Emma - definatly Emma has been an adjustment in our life. No more sleeping in, no more going out often but it's great. She's definatly something that we are thankful for each and every day.
2. Darrell - without him I don't think I could do this. Being a mother is hard stuff! I have new respect for single parents and those who don't have a choice in being a single parent. He's the one to keep me sane and giving me adult conversation
3. My parents - they have adjusted to grandparenthood beautifully! I love it. I can leave Emma there anytime I need a break and just want to spend some time alone.
4. My friends - thank you, thank you, thank you. Thanks for listening to me vent, thanks for calling to see how the days are going, thank you for being there and I can only hope Emma will find friends as good as mine
There is plenty more to be thankful for this year but those are just a few!
Well this week we've gotten 4 nights of 11 + hours of sleep!! YEAH! Too bad they weren't 4 nights in a row but I definatly wont complain as she seems to be getting the hang of this sleep thing!
I can't believe it's just over 2 months till Christmas! Emma's first christmas should be very exciting. We are having my family and Darrell's mom and step dad over for dinner (I guess he better hurry up and invite them!) We are hoping Darrell's sister and her family comes from BC also, we'll have an awesome housefull! I can't wait. Speaking of christmas, today I've wrapped presents! Yup! You read that right, I think I only have a few presents left to wrap and then to buy stuff for Darrell and I'm done! What a relief! Who would have thought having a baby would make you get this organized for christmas!
Anyways, happy Thanksgiving!
7 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment