Ok I started this a week ago and finally back to finish!!
We camped at "Flintstone Park". It was awesome! We used to have one in Kelowna that we went to growing up while my grandma lived there and it was like reliving Childhood all over again. Ok but confession time, we didn't actually go to the park. We camped there and went to Mount Rushmore and wanted to go to the park but ran out of time and it was closing less then 2 hours by the time we returned. We did peek in though and can't wait to go back when Emma is a bit older and can appreciate it rather then just us having fun!

It was great to finally arrive in Kansas!! Last time we saw Laura was christmas time, so 9 months! It felt like forever! It sucks that she lives so far away now but I'm glad she's happy with her hubby and one day they'll have their own family. We've decided that we will try and go somewhere near by every 2 years and then they can meet up with us too.
While in Kansas we took Emma to her first MLB game! Not that she'll remember but daddy had lots of fun there! We did lots of shopping and are 90% done christmas shopping! Yup I said the "C" word... Christmas!! We scored some amazing deals in the states! Everyone says its cheaper down there and for some things they are right and others it's the same as up here so I'm glad we took the time and paid attention because there was some stuff I was going to buy and when we got home I found out it was the same price here (and in some cases a little cheaper!).
Well we are back home. What a wirlwind trip!! We covered 7 states and over 5000km in just over 2 weeks. It's nice to be home sleeping in our own beds!
Emma was a pretty good traveller overall. I mean sure it would have been nice if she could sleep better in the car but you can only sleep good if the roads are travelling are smooth!! We drove some pretty bad interstates that we are very lucky she slept as good as she had!!
On the way to Kansas we stopped at Mount Rushmore! WOW! The work involved in that mountain is amazing. It is alot smaller then I grew up believing it was and I think that is more along the lines with growing up in Alberta we are just moments away from the Rocky Moutains, these mountains were not nearly as big as we were used to!
We camped at "Flintstone Park". It was awesome! We used to have one in Kelowna that we went to growing up while my grandma lived there and it was like reliving Childhood all over again. Ok but confession time, we didn't actually go to the park. We camped there and went to Mount Rushmore and wanted to go to the park but ran out of time and it was closing less then 2 hours by the time we returned. We did peek in though and can't wait to go back when Emma is a bit older and can appreciate it rather then just us having fun!
It was great to finally arrive in Kansas!! Last time we saw Laura was christmas time, so 9 months! It felt like forever! It sucks that she lives so far away now but I'm glad she's happy with her hubby and one day they'll have their own family. We've decided that we will try and go somewhere near by every 2 years and then they can meet up with us too.
While in Kansas we took Emma to her first MLB game! Not that she'll remember but daddy had lots of fun there! We did lots of shopping and are 90% done christmas shopping! Yup I said the "C" word... Christmas!! We scored some amazing deals in the states! Everyone says its cheaper down there and for some things they are right and others it's the same as up here so I'm glad we took the time and paid attention because there was some stuff I was going to buy and when we got home I found out it was the same price here (and in some cases a little cheaper!).
Coming home we went through Yellowstone National Park. We got to see the end of an Old Faithful erruption. We thought we were watching the whole thing only to find out later (ie... 5 hours later as I was driving and Darrell was reading about it) that it normally errupts about 100 feet into the air... we only saw it at about 25 feet and we thought that was amazing! If only we'd see the whole thing!
Yellowstone was definatly a beautiful area!! I can't wait to go back again and spend a week camping down there. We got to see some real bison on the side of the road and some people were getting too darn close for my comfort to them! HELLO PEOPLE! Read the warnings they can attack for no reason! Some people don't think!
Getting home was nice. It was nice to be back in our own beds, out of the jeep and just relaxing. We got home on Saturday afternoon so Darrell had all day Sunday to relax before going back to work. All in all it was an awesome trip, got to see many things and can't wait to do it again when Emma is older and can appreciate the sights we saw! (and is a bit more patient in the vehicle!)
Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment