Monday, October 20, 2008

One of those days - October 4, 2008

Originally posted - October 4, 2008

You know those days, the days that don't really go as planned. Yup that is today.

Our plan today was to get the trailer cleaned out and take it out to Darrell's uncles farm to store for the winter. Great idea right? Wrong. Just as we are about to go out to the trailer we see the neighbors outside working on the fence. Yeah! (not) Now normally that would be a good thing but it kinds throws a loop in our day. Now Darrell feels obligated to be out there helping. So much for getting the trailer ready for storage, now that is my job. Easy eh? Well normally sure, but don't forget we have a 3 month old who needs attention.

Thankfully just when we spot the neighbors working it was time for Emma's nap. So I'm running in and out of the house back and forth to the trailer bringing stuff in hoping and praying she decides to sleep longer then her 40 minute stretch. She did! Yeah! I managed to bring in the stuff we want to store in the house for the winter and clean the trailer (ie sweep, mop etc.).

So now we sit and wait. Rather I sit and wait. I've entertained Emma, fed and put her down for another nap, did some laundry and I wait. We need to go dump the tanks and winterize it and now it looks like that wont happen today. It's already 4:30 and they are just cementing the fence posts... the joys of building a new house.

So you say ok go tomorrow.. nope. We can't. I want to go see my grandma. She was put in a "home" back in march and I don't nearly get to see her as often as we should. All week long I've been saying we are going this weekend. So that is the plan for tomorrow. I found out today that she has been fading. So we need to go. She's refusing to eat and sometimes wont get out of bed. I need to go. We need to go. I want to take Emma and hopefully that will cheer her up for a few days.

Anyways, the little one is up there squaking so I guess I better go see if she's ready to wake up and then it's back to me entertaining her and time to put on a new load of laundry.

Tata for now :)

No comments: